DEN.OS Software Platform
Distributed Energy Network Optimization System
Demand Energy has developed a best-in-class BTM Energy Management Systems (EMS) based on patent pending control and economic optimization technology that maximizes the economic returns of behind the meter (BTM) storage systems alone, or in combination with distributed generation (DG).
The DEN.OS platform was architected to facilitate the design, integration and operation of energy assets/services, to deliver the highest financial returns across the broadest range of energy storage applications, utility rate structures and economic use cases today and in the future. The DEN.OS software platform was architected as an end-to-end solution that delivers differentiated value across the entire project life cycle and can support both Utility and Behind the Meter (BTM) projects. The DE platform and cloud based analytics deliver continuous optimization of economic returns, future proofing storage assets over their 20-year lifecycle.
DEN.OS is ideally suited for:
- Time of use (TOU) energy (kWh) arbitrage
- Demand charge reduction
- Demand response (without impacting critical building operations/tenants)
- Load shaping and firming to optimize economic returns with distributed generation
- Backup/critical power full micro-grid operation to provide resiliency
- Aggregate and bid for utility/ISO transactive capacity markets
- Ancillary services and/or voltage and VAR regulation (power quality)
- Aggregation of distributed storage for hedging wholesale power purchases